|Local||:||+84 912 254404|
|Hotline||:||+84 912 254404|
On the floating markets you do not only find people buying and selling goods, you also find floating restaurants, floating bars, floating gas stations, and many other floating shops. The market open at 4.00 am and are open till 11.00 am. To visit the floating market, you should stay in the Mekong Delta area, wake up early and take one of the boats first hour in the morning. If you do a one day excursion, the market will be already closed by the time you get here.
The Vietnam Record Centre (Vietking) has announced top 5 floating markets in the western region of the country:
1. Cai Rang is the most popular floating market and only a few kilometers from the city center of Can Tho. From early morning, the waterway becomes a maze of hundreds of boats packed with fruits, vegetables, plants, and foods
2. Cai Be Floating Market is one of the tourist magnets of the delta. Cai Be is a biggest wholesale market in the region, which was formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. Approximately 400 to 500 boats filled with fruits, vegetables, and other products are anchored along the rive banks. Boats also operate like “taxis,” very convenient for tourists.
3. Phung Hiep Floating Market (Hau Giang Province), also called Nga Bay, is the most unique market of this type in the Mekong Delta. Buyers and sellers bargain noisily on boats which are filled with seafood, agricultural products, housewares, and even snakes, turtles, squirrels, and lizards.
4. Miet Thu floating market (Kien Giang Province):A floating market meets on the river’s intersections where larger boats become houses to sell goods, mainly farm produce and food. Meanwhile, smaller boats drift along the canal to supply necessities to households living far from the market.
5. Long Xuyen Floating Market (An Giang Province): Although Long Xuyen Floating Market is not as famous as others in the southern region, tourists will still feel the generosity of southerners. Along the banks are different landscapes. Beautiful houses are situated on one side while paddy fields and houses on stilts are on the other. The river becomes more and more bustling, especially at the river mouth.